26 May 2007

Train to Chongqing



Jody and I both woke up feeling a little sick this morning. I think the pollution is getting to us. We decided to have breakfast at Grandma's--an expat restaurant I frequent when I need coffee and pancakes. I love the food in Sichuan but breakfast is the one western meal I miss.

After breakfast we met Mr. Li and his students. We left for the train station and boarded the train
to Chongqing. Traveling by train in China was a new experience for me. Aside from seeing the country side the best part of the train travel was the company. We enjoyed hanging out with the students especially Chen Wen and Tang Di.
Upon arrival we checked into Yu Du hotel near the city center of Chongqing. We then had a incredible banquet thrown my the family of Mr. Li's incoming saxophone student.
W

No comments: